Hecla Keno Hill
Supply Chain SuperintendentApply
Hecla Yukon owns the majority of the historic high-grade Keno Hill Silver District located in Canada’s Yukon Territory. We’re developing two underground new deposits, the Bermingham mine and the Flame & Moth mine. This is a great opportunity to be part of the team that is operating one of the highest-grade silver operations in the world.
We are looking for an individual to join our growing team. The Supply Chain Superintendent will report to the Supply Chain Manager. Your primary responsibility will be to provide supervisory leadership to the site-based Warehousing Team and procure materials, goods and associated services for all operations, maintenance, and support functions.
This will be a 14 day on / 14 day off rotation at our Keno Hill Mine in Elsa, Yukon.
- Supervise all site material controls activities including warehousing, purchasing, logistics and inventory control
- Oversee the purchasing process for the business ensuring timely and cost-effective operation minimizing potential risks and ensuring security of supply
- Provide coaching and supervision of Supply Chain personnel
- Ensure training compliance for all Team members including identifying new training opportunities or requirements
- Coordinate requirements with Departmental customers reviewing demand forecasts, storage, ordering and logistics requirements for materials and services
- Coach and mentor other employees regarding Supply Chain systems, policies, and procedures
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders
- Engage in Supply Chain continuous improvement
- Demonstrate active and visible Safety Leadership.
- Practice and promote company Environmental, Health, Safety, and Operational policies and procedures
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
- Post-secondary education in Commerce, Business Administration, or a related field
- Relevant Professional Supply Chain certification (CPIM, P.Log, CSCP, SCMP…) preferred
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of ERP systems (eMaint) as well as MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Customer service orientation
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced Team environment handling multiple priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivated with strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Minimum 5+ years of related supervisory experience in purchasing, procurement, contracts, warehousing, logistics and / or inventory management
- Knowledge of materials management, logistics, transportation, and governmental regulations
- Knowledge of end-to-end supply management processes including competitive bidding, contract management and supplier performance management
- Lean, Six Sigma, 5S exposure and experience.
- Experience working at a remote mine site operation and in a cross-cultural work environment
REWARDS & CULTURE
Hecla offers a competitive remuneration package. We provide a supportive culture that prides itself on teamwork, professionalism, and safety. Apply today.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume to email@example.com, preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please note, due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org