Hecla Keno Hill
Hecla Keno Hills owns the majority of the historic high-grade Keno Hill Silver District located in Canada’s Yukon Territory. We’re developing two underground deposits, the Bermingham mine and the Flame & Moth mine. This is a great opportunity to be part of the team that is operating one of the highest-grade silver operations in the world.
We are looking for an individual to join our growing team. The Geotechnical Engineer will report to the Chief Mine Engineer. Your primary responsibility will be the collection and incorporation of data to support underground geological activities at the mine.
This is a 14 day on / 14 day off rotation at our Keno Hill Mine in Elsa, Yukon.
- Preparation of technical proposals and reports
- Project management of geotechnical engineering assignments and construction inspection projects
- Conduct and coordinate a wide variety of geotechnical investigations and design that may include underground opening stability assessments, Dry Stack Tailings Facility (DSTF) construction, monitoring and inspection, or geo-environmental projects
- Maintaining and revising, as required, the geotechnical design criteria based on geotechnical data
- Liaise with approval agencies, sub-consultants, and subcontractors
- Work closely with corporate geotechnical engineers to ensure corporate standards are implemented at site
- Provide feedback and identify opportunities to enhance mine designs and plans to successfully develop the project
- Develop, implement, and maintain geotechnical monitoring programs according to best practices
- Collecting and interpreting geomechanical data (ie. Face mapping, core logging, etc.)
- Developing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with Quality Assurance and Quality Control programs
- Maintaining, calibrating, and enhancing numerical models for informing stability of existing and planned underground excavations
- Managing and scoping of work for geotechnical related consultants and contractors
- Perform regular underground and surface geotechnical inspections
- Training technical and operational staff to ensure adequate level of geotechnical knowledge and understanding
- Other activities to support the safe, efficient, and successful development of the Hecla Keno Hill Operations; and
- Understand and ensure compliance with the Hecla safety policies and governmental safety regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mine Engineering with at least one year experience in the underground mining industry
- Experience in hard rock mine rock mechanics is preferred
- Working knowledge of Deswik, Ventsim, SIMS, and Map 3D
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Be a collaborative team player that works well in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to understand and demonstrate safe work practices
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
REWARDS & CULTURE
Hecla offers a competitive remuneration package. We provide a supportive culture that prides itself on teamwork, professionalism, and safety. Apply today.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note, due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com