Hecla Keno Hill
Assay Technician 1Apply
Hecla owns the majority of the historic high-grade Keno Hill Silver District located in Canada’s Yukon Territory. We’re developing two underground deposits, the Bermingham mine and the Flame & Moth mine. This is a great opportunity to be part of the team that is operating one of the highest-grade silver operations in the world.
We are looking for an individual to join our growing team. The Assay Technician 1 will take direction from the Assayer or designate (your “Supervisor”). This is an entry level position with the Keno Hill Operations team.
This is a 14 day on / 14 day off rotation at our Keno Hill Mine in Elsa, Yukon. All air and ground travel arrangements from Point of Hire (POH) to site and return are included for this position.
- Receive, inspect, sort, and label geological and mill samples
- Prepare geological samples for analysis by crushing, sieving, and pulverizing following standard operating procedures
- Prepare Mill run sample for analysis by sieving and pulverizing Ensure fast and accurate sample processing in priority sequence
- Perform quality checks during sample preparation and report any issues to the lab supervisor
- Inspect equipment and report any performance issues
- Assist Mill Operations in processing samples through the XRF
- Other duties as assigned
- Follow all company Health, Safety, and Environmental policies
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Some lifting is required
REWARDS & CULTURE
Hecla offers a competitive remuneration package. We provide a supportive culture that prides itself on teamwork, professionalism, and safety. Apply today.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, to email@example.com. Please note, due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org