Chief Planning EngineerApply
Hecla Lucky Friday Mine is recruiting an individual who embraces advances in technology and who is looking for an opportunity to be part of a collaborative team.
The Chief Planning Engineer will develop practical long term mine plans to Hecla’s growth strategy and business case at the Lucky Friday. In addition, the Chief Planning Engineer will directly supervise engineering staff, providing direction and oversight for short-range mine plans for the Lucky Friday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Develop practical long-term mine plans, budgets and schedules.
- Complete mine design options for accessing economic reserves.
- Identify and analyze resource growth opportunities.
- Review and evaluate practical and conceptual mine plans which allow for orderly development and exploitation of economically mineable ore reserves, resources, and inventory.
- Integrate geology, engineering and operations planning into a cohesive process.
- Track mining actuals and costs vs budget.
- Integrate long term infrastructure construction and maintenance projects into mine plan.
- Evaluate the benefits of available technology in optimizing conceptual plans.
- Conduct studies on projects and prepare reports that satisfy the established criteria for Scoping and Prefeasibility Studies.
- Provide technical support to operations in achieving the mine plan.
- Provide information and guidance as to potential areas of concern in regard to the short-term plan.
- Oversee and provide guidance to junior engineers for ground control and plans, ventilation system management plans and maps, and drill and blast design.
- Perform mining, stockpile, and block model reconciliation.
- Assist with end of year reserve reporting.
- Provide support for underground dewater system design, power distribution design, and construction projects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering or a related engineering field required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the mining industry required, hard rock mining preferred.
- Experience working in a mining operation with a range of exposure to a broad spectrum of practical and technical areas required.
- Experience with mine planning software required.
- Ventilation modeling software experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
ABOUT HECLA MINING COMPANY AND THE LUCKY FRIDAY MINE
Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) produces more than 40 percent of all silver in the United States with operating mines in Alaska (Greens Creek), Idaho (Lucky Friday), and Quebec, Canada (Casa Berardi). The Company owns a number of exploration properties in world-class silver and gold mining districts throughout North America.
Established in 1891, Hecla is headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, and has a sister office in Vancouver, B.C. The Company’s common stock has been traded on the New York Stock Exchange for over 50 years.
Lucky Friday is a deep underground silver, lead, and zinc mine located in the Coeur d’Alene Mining District in northern Idaho. The mine began operating in 1942 and celebrated its 80th anniversary in 2022. Lucky Friday is located one mile east of Mullan, Idaho, and is adjacent to U.S. Interstate 90.
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is pleased to offer competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, and a comprehensive benefits program.
Interested candidates must possess or be able to obtain authorization to work in the United States. Applications and/or resumes may be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 208.545.3327, or mailed to:
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine
P.O. Box 31
Mullan, ID 83846
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website at www.hecla.com for more information about Hecla and the Lucky Friday Mine.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com