Entry Level and Experienced Positions Available
About the Position
The Diesel Mechanic will troubleshoot, repair and maintain all of the site’s mobile equipment used in an underground and surface mining environment. Equipment includes (but is not limited to), drills, bolters, haul trucks, graders, dozers, tractors, light vehicles, forklifts etc.
Here’s what you can expect in this role:
- Performs routine and non-routine maintenance activities.
- Perform routine hours-based services on mobile equipment. Includes lubrication servicing and scheduled fault repairs.
- Performs various welding and fabrication tasks and has the ability to weld independently as directed by supervisor.
- Read hydraulic schematics.
- Competently troubleshoot hydraulic systems, test hydraulic components, and repair the problems and components.
- Make hydraulic hoses.
- Read electric schematics.
- Competently troubleshoot vehicle low voltage electric systems, test electric components, and perform repairs.
- Diesel engines: general engine troubleshooting and repairs.
- Drivelines: general troubleshooting and repairs on converters, gearbox’s, differentials & wheel ends.
- Perform tire changes on all rubber tire equipment on site.
- Familiar with accessing equipment information using electronic devices (e.g., laptop computer, tablet).
- Performs data input as required for inventory and cost control tracking.
- Complete required maintenance work orders, reports, and logs.
- Use of measuring equipment, including micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Quality checks and testing all equipment repairs as applicable.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the workplace.
- Maintain and clean company and personal tools utilized to perform the work.
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations. Conducts activities and work in an environmentally responsible manner. Is aware of procedures to minimize impacts to the environment.
- Follows and understands MSHA rules and regulations, environmental rules and regulations, SOP and work area instructions, participates in safety and environmental activities. Leads by example by adhering to rules and regulations, and ensuring compliance to rules and regulations established by the Mine Operations department.
- Must be able to work and communicate with other members of the work team.
- Must be willing to comply with all company policies and procedures, especially with regard to Safety, Human Resources, and Environmental.
- Participate in Risk Assessment activities as required.
- Participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as required. 2
- Must meet criteria established in the Maintenance Progression System
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Associates Degree or Certificate in Automotive or Diesel Technology
- Previous heavy equipment maintenance experience
- Previous experience in a mine setting preferred.
- Must be able to obtain ATF possessors clearance upon hire.
- Must pass physical and drug screen, and essential functions capacity test.
The Lucky Friday Mine is a deep underground silver, lead, and zinc mine located one mile east of the town of Mullan in the Coeur d’Alene Mining District in northern Idaho. The Lucky Friday has been owned and operated by Hecla Mining Company, headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, since 1958. Established in 1891 in one of the world’s most prolific silver-producing districts, northern Idaho’s Silver Valley, Hecla Mining Company’s rich history of mining has distinguished it as a respected precious metals producer. Hecla is the oldest U.S.-based precious metals mining company in North America and the largest producer of silver in the U.S. Headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, with a sister office in Vancouver, B.C., our international, publicly traded company is over 125 years old.
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is pleased to offer competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, and a comprehensive benefits program.
Interested candidates must possess or be able to obtain authorization to work in the United States. Applications and/or resumes may be sent via e-mail to email@example.com, faxed to 208.545.3327, or mailed to:
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine
P.O. Box 31
Mullan, ID 83846
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org