Hecla Keno Hill
Hecla owns the majority of the historic high-grade Keno Hill Silver District located in Canada’s Yukon Territory. We’re developing two underground deposits, the Bermingham mine and the Flame & Moth. This is a great opportunity to be part of the team that is operating one of the highest-grade silver operations in the world.
We are looking for an individual to join our growing team. The Environmental Coordinator will report to the Environmental Manger or designate (your “Supervisor”). Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the implementation of environmental management programs and facilitating compliance with regulations and operating permits and licenses.
This is a 14 day on / 14 day off rotation at our Keno Hill Mine in Elsa, Yukon.
- Promotes awareness and support of the Company’s environmental rules, procedures, and polices
- Supports the Senior Environmental Coordinator in the coordination of all environmental programs
- Participates in field inspections with regulatory agency personnel, ensuring duplicate samples are collected and observations made by the regulators are promptly conveyed to management
- Conducts and/or ensures completion of weekly physical inspections as required by Company permit and license conditions
- Conducts and/or ensures completion of weekly inspections hazardous materials handling and special waste storage areas
- Oversees the preparation of special waste for transfer off-site
- Delivers environmental training to site personnel including but not limited to wildlife awareness, noise and dust monitoring, solid and special waste management, spill response and proper laboratory samp packaging and shipping
- Coordinates logistical requirements for consultants conducting various environmental monitoring activities
- Assists the Water Treatment, Geology and Metallurgy Departments in conducting environmental monitoring activities from time to time
- Reviews site activities for environmental non-conformances and contributes to continuous improvement of environment-related processes and procedures, including inspecting work areas and ensuring environmental safeguards (i.e., spill kits) are put in place and being maintained
- Advises management and supervisory staff on environmental issues, ensuring that environmental objectives are achieved
- Assists the Senior Environmental Coordinator in implementing and maintain reporting structures that monitor compliance with all Company permit and license conditions
- Assists the Senior Environmental Coordinator with completion of administrative and reporting requirements of the mine site Environmental Department as required
- Promotes team building at all levels and a respectful cross-cultural work environment
- All other related duties as may be required by the Company
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in environmental or mining related field
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite programs, particularly Excel
- 3-6 years’ experience in environmental field at a producing mine site
- Working knowledge of Government Acts and Regulations
- Must possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Maintain a respectful attitude at all times
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
REWARDS & CULTURE
Hecla offers a competitive remuneration package. We provide a supportive culture that prides itself on teamwork, professionalism, and safety. Apply today.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com