Hecla Lucky Friday Mine is recruiting an individual who embraces advances in technology and who is looking for an opportunity to be part of a collaborative team.
The Environmental Engineer conducts studies, analyzes and synthesizes resultant data to determine the possible effects of mine development and operation on the environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Collects and synthesizes data derived from monitoring activities; prepares graphs, charts, and statistical models in support of data understanding, tracking and reporting. Conducts environmental effects assessments and presents results in written and oral reports to both corporate and regulatory agencies.
- Administers various levels of water quality and other monitoring programs including performing field sampling, following quality assurance/quality control plans, validating database information and coordinating with laboratory personnel.
- Coordinates TRI, Biennial EPA Hazardous Waste Report, Annual State Hazardous waste report, Annual Bio assessment, WET Test, Ambient Water Quality Report development and reporting. Writes and updates technical documents such as SPCC Plan, SWPPP, BMP Plan, Reclamation Plan, SOPs, and Sampling and QA/QC Plans. Calculates reclamation plan bonding requirements for mine closure. Participates in and updates hazardous material/waste minimization, handling and disposal programs. Assists with spill prevention and response programs.
- Requires functional use of the environmental databases (EDMS, Access and Excel) and troubleshoots problems. Also participates in the operation, equipment maintenance, data acquisition and reporting of the NPDES required monitoring system.
- Participates in the development, administration and maintenance of Lucky Friday environmental policies and procedures. Works with federal, state, local regulatory agencies to stay apprised of regulatory laws. Ensures that all Lucky Friday operational activities are in accordance with the safety, health and environmental standards and regulations set forth by the Company and federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Provides support and expertise in identifying site risks and hazards, and provides recommendations on appropriate actions to mitigate risks.
- Works with various stakeholders to ensure compliance with incident reporting procedures.
- Participates in internal audits and inspections of Lucky Friday operations, ensuring strict compliance with company and regulatory requirements, provides input and participates in programs to mitigate gaps in compliance, and follows up to make sure that non-compliance issues are corrected in a timely fashion.
- Performs and documents jobsite inspections and audits with a focus on hazard recognition, regulatory non-conformances and unsafe behaviors. Works with operations to find solutions to mitigate hazards and change environmentally risky behaviors.
- Participates in regulatory agency inspections and investigations to ensure compliance with federal,state, and local regulations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and education in an environmental field.
- 1-3 years’ experience in an environmental field preferred. Prior experience in the mining industry preferred.
- Experience and familiarity with the job functions as described.
- Understanding of environmental regulations related to mining.
- General knowledge and experience with MSHA/NRC/IDEQ/IDWR/Panhandle Health/EPA regulations pertaining to environmental health and safety preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, including Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
ABOUT HECLA MINING COMPANY AND THE LUCKY FRIDAY MINE
Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) produces more than 40 percent of all silver in the United States with operating mines in Alaska (Greens Creek), Idaho (Lucky Friday), and Quebec, Canada (Casa Berardi) the Company owns a number of exploration properties and pre-development projects in world-class silver and gold mining districts throughout North America.
Established in 1891, Hecla is headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, and has a sister office in Vancouver, B.C. The Company’s common stock has been traded on the New York Stock Exchange for over 50 years.
Lucky Friday is a deep underground silver, lead, and zinc mine located in the Coeur d’Alene Mining District in northern Idaho. The mine began operating in 1942 and celebrated its 80th anniversary in 2022. Lucky Friday is located one mile east of Mullan, Idaho, and is adjacent to U.S. Interstate 90.
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is pleased to offer competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, and a comprehensive benefits program.
Interested candidates must possess or be able to obtain authorization to work in the United States. Applications and/or resumes may be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 208.545.3327, or mailed to:
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine
P.O. Box 31
Mullan, ID 83846
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website at www.hecla.com for more information about Hecla and the Lucky Friday Mine.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com