Hecla Lucky Friday Mine is recruiting an individual who embraces advances in technology and who is looking for an opportunity to be part of a collaborative team.
The Environmental Manager is responsible for the design, development and operational maintenance of the Lucky Friday Unit’s Environmental program, ensuring alignment with Hecla’s corporate long-term strategy. This role is responsible for the development of site Environmental policies, procedures, regulatory compliance & corrective action, and training programs to minimize risk, loss, and ensure compliance with company guidelines and relevant local, state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Leads by example, demonstrating the necessary behaviors, attitudes and mindset to strengthen the Lucky Friday Unit’s environmental values and culture, and acts in a manner to motivate alignment throughout the mine.
- Oversees the development, administration and maintenance of Lucky Friday environmental policies and procedures. Works with federal, state, local regulatory agencies to stay apprised of regulatory laws. Ensures that all Lucky Friday operational activities are in accordance with the environmental standards and regulations set forth by the Company and federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Develops strategies that support growth of the environmental functions and enhance environmental practices and performance; provides recommendations on how to improve alignment with Hecla’s overall strategy.
- Ensures that environmental incident investigations are conducted on a timely basis, and that effective assessment and analysis, identification of corrective action, and desired follow-up are achieved. Provides support and expertise in identifying site risks and provides recommendations on appropriate actions to mitigate risks. Personally leads / conducts investigations of major incidents, making recommendations for corrective action and following up to ensure that proactive steps are implemented. Works with various stakeholders to ensure compliance with incident reporting and develop and monitor environmental processes and systems.
- Work with corporate and regulatory agencies to resolve and mitigate environmental violations/incidents.
- Evaluate Environmental department structure and make recommendations for staffing to meet Environmental department goals.
- Oversee monthly environmental committee meetings.
- Be a partner with all Lucky Friday departments to educate on environmental compliance and standards. Work with Lucky Friday departments to resolve issues as they arise.
- Develops, oversees and directs all required environmental training for Lucky Friday personnel, managers, employees and contractors, including the maintenance of company and regulatory records and files.
- Develop and maintain relevant external partnerships related to workplace environment to share best practices information.
- Coordinate internal audits and inspections of Lucky Friday operations, ensuring strict compliance with company and regulatory environmental requirements, provide recommendations and conduct programs to mitigate gaps in compliance, and follow up to make sure that non-compliance issues are corrected in timely fashion.
- Develop and implement environmental plans and programs that are compatible with Lucky Friday goals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering or a related field and 10+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and/or training in the mining industry.
- Minimum 5 years supervising Environmental professionals or 6 years supervisory experience in the mining environment.
ABOUT HECLA MINING COMPANY AND THE LUCKY FRIDAY MINE
Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) produces more than 40 percent of all silver in the United States with operating mines in Alaska (Greens Creek), Idaho (Lucky Friday), and Quebec, Canada (Casa Berardi). The Company owns a number of exploration properties and pre-development projects in world-class silver and gold mining districts throughout North America.
Established in 1891, Hecla is headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, and has a sister office in Vancouver, B.C. The Company’s common stock has been traded on the New York Stock Exchange for over 50 years.
Lucky Friday is a deep underground silver, lead, and zinc mine located in the Coeur d’Alene Mining District in northern Idaho. The mine began operating in 1942 and celebrated its 80th anniversary in 2022. Lucky Friday is located one mile east of Mullan, Idaho, and is adjacent to U.S. Interstate 90.
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is pleased to offer competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, and a comprehensive benefits program.
Interested candidates must possess or be able to obtain authorization to work in the United States. Applications and/or resumes may be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 208.545.3327, or mailed to:
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine
P.O. Box 31
Mullan, ID 83846
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website at www.hecla.com for more information about Hecla and the Lucky Friday Mine.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com