Executive Assistant (EA)Apply
About the Position
The Executive Assistant provides a wide range of direct executive support services for the executive team. The Executive Assistant operates in a professional, responsive manner that is representative of the CEO and Hecla leadership. Energy, focus, excitement, and persistence are all characteristics of the Assistant who embraces a dynamic environment.
Reports To: Manager of Internal Affairs
The primary role for this position is to support Hecla’s executive team. The individual must be adaptable, self-motivated, able to multi-task and problem-solve, exercise independent judgment and discretion, and communicate with internal and external clients in a professional and confident manner.
- Maintains and prioritizes complex calendar and schedules;
- Arranges, coordinates, and monitors worldwide travel to ensure arrival at destination, cost effectiveness, and maximization of meeting opportunities;
- Management and prioritization of high-volume email account;
- Prepares and submits expense reports and manages credit cards and bank accounts;
- Ensures executive(s) is prepared for upcoming meetings, obtaining meeting materials, establishing appropriate review periods, and logistics as necessary;
- Manages all incoming and outgoing correspondence (including the composition of written correspondence on behalf of executive(s));
- Assist with hardware, software, and device issues as necessary;
- Act as liaison between executive(s) and IT to offer perspective in meeting the technological needs;
- Assist with the preparation of presentations and other corporate projects as requested;
- Assists with the executive(s) external director and industry responsibilities;
- Creates and manages electronic and physical files;
- Provides administrative support during off-business hours
- Occasional travel to assist and to understand the logistics of frequent destinations;
- Assists with the executives personal responsibilities and commitments as appropriate;
- Provides backup support to other EA(s);
- Provides general administrative office duties as required, including mail and phone coverage;
- Performs other project work as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Ability Required:
- Communication: The highest verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate on behalf of the executive team. Ability to organize, prioritize and respond to a large number of emails.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with Board of Directors, senior management, corporate employees and external parties. Ability to speak French and Spanish, even rudimentary, is a benefit.
- Executive support: Must be self-directed and maintain knowledge of top corporate priorities to assist with related priorities and filter access to the executive(s) limiting distractions as necessary. Ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions or suggestions for improvement.
- Technology: High proficiency using MS Office suite, particularly Outlook and PowerPoint. Comfortable in Windows and Mac environments. Knowledge and skilled in communication platforms such as Skype for Business and LinkedIn. An aptitude to tackle technological issues and a focus on continuous improvement through the implementation of technology tools to improve productivity.
- Organization: Ability to organize and manage a variety of projects, tasks and activities, while maintaining flexibility and demonstrated follow-up skills. Ability to balance accessibility with security in the maintenance of electronic and physical records.
- Travel planning: Experience with significant domestic and international travel (internal and external coordination, planning, tracking and management).
- Schedule: Ability to work beyond normal business hours in a fast-paced environment often with changing requirements.
- Discretion & Confidentiality: Ability to demonstrate discretion and discernment in all business matters, especially confidential matters/data.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated academic performance with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field.
- 10+ years of related work experience. Seasoned executive support to C-level and Board of Directors experience preferred.
- Experience must demonstrate organization, quick thinking, planning, and team work.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org