Hecla owns the majority of the historic high-grade Keno Hill Silver District located in Canada’s Yukon Territory. We’re developing two underground deposits, the Bermingham mine and the Flame & Moth mine. This is a great opportunity to be part of the team that is operating one of the highest-grade silver operations in the world.
We are looking for an individual to join our growing team. The Instrumentation Technician will report to the Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor or designate (your “Supervisor”).
This is a 14 day on / 14 day off rotation at our Keno Hill Mine in Elsa, Yukon.
- Test and calibrate instruments for heat, pressure, volume, flow rates, and PH factors
- Experience with safely maintaining, calibrating, installing, testing, and troubleshooting pneumatic, electric, electronic, instrumentation devices
- Advise operations and maintenance departments on status, condition, and known issues of equipment
- Solid understanding of electrical fundamentals and willingness to work with and support the electricians on site
- Perform all instrumentation process control maintenance duties required; equipment includes, but not limited to, Emerson/Rosemount & Allen Bradley
- Working with management to provide suggestions for future plant upgrades
- Maintain and upgrade Mill HMI
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Red Seal Journeyman certification required
- 5 years or more experience in mining environment
- Demonstrated ability to read maintenance repair manuals and drawings
- Experience installing, troubleshooting and maintaining instruments
- Experience with PLC programming required
- Attention to detail and provide solutions to problems
- Strong dedication to health & safety and proven safe work records required
- Willingness to work in a team environment required
REWARDS & CULTURE
Hecla offers a competitive remuneration package. We provide a supportive culture that prides itself on teamwork, professionalism, and safety. Apply today.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, to YK-Resume@hecla.com preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to YK-Resume@hecla.com