Hecla Yukon owns the majority of the historic high-grade Keno Hill Silver District located in Canada’s Yukon Territory. We’re developing two underground new deposits, the Bermingham mine and the Flame & Moth mine. This is a great opportunity to be part of the team that is operating one of the highest-grade silver operations in the world.
We are looking for an individual to join our growing team. The Intermediate Accountant will report directly to the Site Controller and will be an integral member of the Site Accounting team responsible for the day-to-day accounting of mine operations and site related activities. Your primary responsibility will be to procure materials, goods and associated services for all operations, maintenance, and support functions.
The work schedule for this Vancouver based position has flexibility to be office and/or remote/home-based working a 40-hour week (5×2).
- Support site financial and accounting operations to provide efficient and timely delivery of monthly, quarterly, and annual deliverables, financial reports and statements for both internal and external reporting
- Assist as needed on corporate external financial reporting and auditing requirements
- Support Mint Site Cost Accountant and Site Controller on month end close process
- Prepare inventory reconciliation between PO system and accounting system
- Identify and reconcile variances
- Prepare, maintain, and reconcile various Site Working Papers and post related journal entries
- Examples include, but are not limited to: Payroll, Deposits and Prepaids, Capital Leases, PP&E, etc.
- Assist with month end accruals and reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Revalue USD accounts and prepare foreign exchange journal entries
- Prepare and perform monthly bank reconciliations and monthly term deposit accruals and reconciliations
- Assist AP team with invoice processing and PO review in accordance with established procedures
- Reconcile and prepare monthly GST Remittances
- Prepare monthly subledger reconciliations for AP, AR, and bank accounts
- Ad Hoc Projects/AR invoicing as required
- Assume other responsibilities and administrative tasks as needed
- Diploma or certification in the accounting/business field or working towards a CPA designation
- 3+ years accounting experience
- Knowledge of IFRS/US GAAP and SOX Controls as asset
- Knowledge of Sage 300 as asset
- Strong written and oral communications skills with superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines on multiple tasks and projects
- Possess strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook); advanced Excel skills considered an asset
- Resourceful, enthusiastic, and not afraid to bring new ideas to the table
REWARDS & CULTURE
Hecla Yukon offers a competitive remuneration package. We provide a supportive culture that prides itself on teamwork, professionalism, and safety. Apply today.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume to email@example.com preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please note, due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org