Investor Relations/Social Media (IR/SM) AnalystApply
About the Position
The IR/SM Analyst will focus on investor relations and social media communications, working closely with departments across the organization to ensure proper attention for the organization in the marketplace.
The analyst will assist in broadening and enhancing shareholder value and the organization’s financial image through a best-in-class investor and shareholder communications program. The analyst will coordinate with other internal stakeholders and departments to create coordinated content and brand awareness across all of Hecla’s operations and various social media channels to communicate Hecla’s value and position.
Director of Investor Relations
Here’s what you can expect in this role:
- Recommend and implement creative solutions to deliver key messages that will educate and influence target audiences.
- Support market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short- and long-term market forecasts and reports.
- Identify competitors and evaluate their strategies and positioning and devise counterstrategies.
- Assess our investor, environmental, social and governance (ESG) communication, community and governmental relations against competitors and current best practice to aid continuous improvement efforts.
- Cultivate relationships with media contacts to generate interest in key industry news and research/recommend PR opportunities
- Prepare and edit PowerPoint presentations and related material for investor and media meetings. Maintain existing IR presentation materials and develop new materials as needed that tell a compelling narrative and back it up with the evidence needed by investors and analysts.
- Develop proactive investor targeting schedules, including NDRs and conference participation
- Assist in preparation for the company’s participation on quarterly earnings calls, investment conference calls and in-house meetings, roadshows, analyst days, and one-on-one meetings
- Quarterly Earnings: Supports IR Director and Senior Management through quarterly earnings cycles and producing corresponding deliverables, including:
- Supporting first drafts of management’s prepared remarks by pulling key information or drafting script excerpts
- Aggregating questions for Q&A preparation, informed by prior earnings calls, analyst questions, peer trends, etc.
- Uploading, reviewing/editing, and distribution of investor press releases
- Working with vendors – newswire, conference call, webhosting – throughout the cycle
- Monitoring for relevant sell-side reports and engaging with analysts where appropriate
- Keep workflows on track by taking diligent notes during internal and external meetings and “managing up” to ensure deliverables are provided on-time
- Help to maintain and continually enhance the company’s IR website.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and conference calls.
- Responding to due diligence requests from prospective investors by preparing presentations, questionnaires, investment performance summaries, etc.
- Develop knowledge of Hecla’s business strategies and industry to assist in education of sell-side research analysts and institutional investors about the company.
- Assist in development of communication plans to take advantage of key company milestones, identifying key audiences and preparing social media content.
- Monitor and write content for corporate website, management messaging, and social media accounts.
- Use social media to drive awareness of and traffic to key stories and websites.
- Be responsive to breaking news/events which provide an opportunity to tell our story.
- Shoot, edit, and create graphics for social video content. Both in the field, and in office with existing material.
- Build out and manage a network of internal and external thought leaders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to contribute to our content needs.
- Create content, starting with discovery of information from SMEs, creation of the story/narrative and drive the project through design, approvals, and publication.
- A strong understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) best practices as they relate to content and the ability to naturally incorporate them into social media narratives.
- Maintain a positive public image for the organization.
- Maintain brand standards in all public facing content and ensure compliance across all marketing and communications channels.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to absorb new information rapidly and grapple with a wide range of complex business issues.
- Experience working with a range of business communications media, e.g., writing, presentation, video, animation.
- Strong critical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills; outstanding presence, credibility and confidence in working with senior colleagues and top-level clients.
- Ability to be nimble enough to take on new projects, prioritize tasks, and solve problems in real- time with your own judgment
- Digital expertise with social media and video & digital channels.
- Able to travel and work remotely.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Stress tolerant with an ability to meet critical deadlines.
- High aptitude for focus on details.
- Operates with a high degree of autonomy. Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently, and work effectively within team structures.
- Able to provide creative insight and problem solving.
- Able to demonstrate discretion and discernment in negotiating business transactions, and in making important job-related decisions.
- Able to demonstrate discretion and discernment in all business matters.
Education & Training:
- Tertiary degree with excellent academic qualifications in Finance, Accounting, Communications, Economics, Marketing or related fields; or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in investor relations, communications or corporate marketing
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com