Mine Maintenance MechanicApply
Hecla Lucky Friday Mine is recruiting individuals who embrace advances in technology and who are looking for an opportunity to be part of a collaborative team as we look to the future and change the way we mine.
The Mine Maintenance Mechanic will troubleshoot, repair and maintain mobile and stationary equipment used in an underground and surface mining environment. Equipment includes (but is not limited to), drills, bolters, haul trucks, graders, dozers, tractors, light vehicles, hoists, pumps, etc.
- Performs routine and non-routine maintenance activities.
- Perform service on mobile equipment, including engine work, adjusting valves, set timing, change and shim heads and cylinders, repair rocker boxes, and general engine repair.
- Troubleshoot electric systems, test electric components, and perform repairs. Read electric schematics.
- Performs equipment lubrication, field repair, and preventative maintenance activities as required. Performs tire changes on all rubber tire equipment on site.
- Troubleshoot hydraulic systems, test hydraulic components, and repair the problems and components. Read hydraulic schematics.
- Perform maintenance on pumps.
- Understand operation and maintenance of spray chambers. Install, repair, and start up spray chambers, including piping manifolds, pumps, chamber, and tank.
- Understand operation and maintenance of compressors and compressor plant. Know compressor operating principles and controls. Understand safety switches and trip trap indicators. Know proper procedures and safety concerns for shut down, repairs, and start up. Troubleshoot and repair basic system problems, including cooling system, load regulation, and valves.
- Machinery installation.
- Must be able to perform dial indicator alignment of couplings. Must be able to properly size and install belts and align pulleys.
- Maintains a clean work area and is accountable for company and personal tools utilized to perform the work.
- Performs data input as required for inventory and cost control tracking.
- Completes required maintenance reports and logs.
- Tests all equipment repairs as applicable.
- Performs various welding and fabrication tasks and has the ability to weld independently as directed by supervisor.
- Must be able to access equipment information using electronic devices (i.e. laptop computer, tablet).
- Use of measuring equipment, including micrometers, calipers, etc.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Associates Degree or Certificate in Automotive or Diesel Technology preferred.
- Previous heavy equipment maintenance experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a mine setting preferred.
- Operating and maintenance knowledge of heavy equipment, diesel mechanics, and hydraulic systems is preferred.
ABOUT HECLA MINING COMPANY AND THE LUCKY FRIDAY MINE
Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) is the largest silver producer in the United States. In addition to operating mines in Alaska (Greens Creek), Idaho (Lucky Friday), and Quebec, Canada (Casa Berardi) the Company owns a number of exploration properties in world-class silver and gold mining districts throughout North America.
Established in 1891, Hecla is headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, and has a sister office in Vancouver, B.C. The Company’s common stock has been traded on the New York Stock Exchange for over 50 years.
Lucky Friday is a deep underground silver, lead, and zinc mine located in the Coeur d’Alene Mining District in northern Idaho. The mine began operating in 1942 and celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2017. Thanks to the #4 Shaft project which is now complete and operational, the mine is expected to have another 20-30 years of mine life. Lucky Friday is located one mile east of Mullan, Idaho, and is adjacent to U.S. Interstate 90.
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is pleased to offer competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, and a comprehensive benefits program.
Interested candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States. Applications and/or resumes may be sent via e-mail to email@example.com, faxed to 208.545.3967, or mailed to:
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine
P.O. Box 31
Mullan, ID 83846
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org