Purpose: This position is responsible for payroll preparation and processing, updating and maintaining payroll related records and the payroll database, employee recordkeeping, and administrative support for HR related programs.
Reports To: Manager, Compensation & Benefits, Corporate
The Payroll Administrator provides relevant, reliable and timely payroll services in support of Corporate and subsidiary operations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of accurate and timely payrolls and coordination of company’s payroll process.
- Directs the analysis, investigation and correction of errors associated with the editing of payroll data.
- Assists the processing of payroll adjustments, salary changes, paychecks, benefit adjustments, and special payrolls.
- Responsible for reviewing/approving W-2 forms for employees and making revisions as necessary.
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of manual checks, garnishments, IRS levies, and child support payments in a timely manner and according to federal and state regulations.
- Responsible for the correct deduction of federal, state, local, SUI, and SDI taxes from employees’ wages.
- Provides support for benefit plans, including Company’s 401(k), Section 125 cafeteria plan, benefit enrollment and communications.
- Assists with maintenance of employee files and coordinates related recordkeeping functions.
- Performs other work as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of payroll systems, such as ADP, preferred.
- Self-motivated to provide attention to detail, timeliness and accuracy.
- General knowledge of employee benefit plans.
- Ability to plan, organize and schedule workflow to meet rigid payroll deadlines.
- Ability to process a high volume of detailed work in a short time frame.
- Proficiency with various software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate integrity, ability to maintain strict confidentiality, positive/team attitude, strong work ethic, propensity for detail, solid reasoning skills, and the ability to multi-task and work independently.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org