Process Controls TrainerApply
Your Future Begins Here ~ Join the Lucky Friday Team!
Hecla Lucky Friday Mine is recruiting an individual who embraces advances in technology and who is looking for an opportunity to be part of a collaborative team.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of:
PROCESS CONTROLS TRAINER
The Process Controls Trainer works under the supervision of the Process Controls Supervisor on the development of SOP’s, Process Controls Documents, Drawings and training programs for a variety of skilled instrumentation and control work in the maintenance of the Mine and Mill systems, including, instrumentation, control panels, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interface (HMI) operations; inspection, calibration, troubleshooting, installation, and repair of a variety of process monitoring and control equipment.
Systems include but not limited to pumping control systems, communication systems, electronic level, pressure, and flow measuring, transmitting, and recording devices, development, and implementation of improvement projects. All work will be done utilizing the site’s CMMS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Participate in the development, administration, and maintenance of Process Controls training plans and programs.
- Perform classroom and hands on training for Process Controls and Electrical department employees.
- Work with the Electrical Foreman and Process Controls Supervisor to identify and develop trainers for all tasks and equipment.
- Work under the direction of the Process Controls Supervisor to determine training needs.
- Develop and oversee train-the-trainer program in Process Controls utilizing salaried and hourly employees to conduct peer training. Reviews trainers and makes recommendations to add or remove trainers based on effectiveness of training.
- Prepare training schedule to ensure all areas of training are adequately covered.
- Create training outlines and materials as needed.
- Ensure hourly trainers perform consistent training for all tasks and equipment.
- Track training for employees, including completed training, re-training if expired, new equipment task training, and training observations.
- Audit existing training paperwork and in the field practices to verify compliance.
- Complete training for tasks as identified in Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Standards, and/or Policies.
- Audit processes, training and SOP’s for effectiveness.
- Stay apprised of changes in equipment or tasks to ensure training procedures are updated or created as needed.
- Write new or revise existing SOP’s, Standards, and/or Policies following the Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Perform risk assessments in preparation for writing or revising SOP’s, Standards, and/or Policies.
- Work under the direction of the Process Controls Supervisor to identify and implement new strategies to improve process efficiency.
- Testing and troubleshooting of new processes.
- Assist with the development and review of relevant test procedures and SOP’s.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS include:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in process control and instrumentation.
- Prior training experience preferred.
- MSHA blue card certification preferred.
- Demonstrated safety leadership.
- Experience in mining industry and power distribution preferred, including a general knowledge of surface, underground and mill operations.
- Experience with ABB DCS and various plant PLC’s and drives.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience in the use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems preferred.
ABOUT HECLA MINING COMPANY AND THE LUCKY FRIDAY MINE
Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) produces more than 40 percent of all silver in the United States with operating mines in Alaska (Greens Creek), Idaho (Lucky Friday), and Quebec, Canada (Casa Berardi) the Company owns a number of exploration properties and pre-development projects in world-class silver and gold mining districts throughout North America.
Established in 1891, Hecla is headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, and has a sister office in Vancouver, B.C. The Company’s common stock has been traded on the New York Stock Exchange for over 50 years.
Lucky Friday is a deep underground silver, lead, and zinc mine located in the Coeur d’Alene Mining District in northern Idaho. The mine began operating in 1942 and celebrated its 80th anniversary in 2022. Lucky Friday is located one mile east of Mullan, Idaho, and is adjacent to U.S. Interstate 90.
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is pleased to offer competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, and a comprehensive benefits program.
Interested candidates must possess or be able to obtain authorization to work in the United States. Applications and/or resumes may be sent via e-mail to email@example.com or faxed to 208.545.3327.
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website at www.hecla.com for more information about Hecla and the Lucky Friday Mine.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org