Hecla Keno Hill
Senior Environmental CoordinatorApply
Hecla owns the majority of the historic high-grade Keno Hill Silver District located in Canada’s Yukon Territory. We’re developing two underground deposits, the Bermingham mine and the Flame & Moth. This is a great opportunity to be part of the team that is operating one of the highest-grade silver operations in the world.
We are looking for an individual to join our growing team. The Senior Environmental Coordinator will report to the Environmental Manger or designate (your “Supervisor”). Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the implementation of environmental management programs and facilitating compliance with regulations and operating permits and licenses.
This is a 14 day on / 14 day off rotation at our Keno Hill Mine in Elsa, Yukon. All air and ground travel arrangements from Point of Hire (POH) to site and return are included for this position.
- Responsible for ensuring construction and operations activities are completed in accordance with permit conditions, regulatory requirements, and approved plans
- Responsible for ensuring a safe workplace while supporting environmental policies and regulations
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annuary reports; assists with updating of plans and studies related to environmental compliance
- Development and implementation of an electronic environmental management system
- Prepare and provide Environmental Training to site contractors and provide expertise in environmental science and engineering
- Perform special projects and provide input to management regarding regulatory requirements, cost effective means of meeting regulatory requirements, and cost of environmental-related tasks/projects
- Promote team building at all levels and a respectful cross-cultural work environment
- All other related duties as may be required by the Company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related science filed plus 5 years of directly related experience preferred
- Solid computer skills required
- Experience in coordinating mine site environmental programs
- Working knowledge of Government Act and Regulations
- Ability to work independently and to accept responsibility
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and stay organized
REWARDS & CULTURE
Hecla offers a competitive remuneration package. We provide a supportive culture that prides itself on teamwork, professionalism, and safety. Apply today.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please note, due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com