Senior Mining EngineerApply
Purpose: As part of the Technical Services team, the Senior Mining Engineer will work with site operations teams to help solve diverse technical problems while adhering to the highest design standards, demonstrating accountability, integrity, and transparency.
Reports To: Manager, Engineering (Technical Services)
Position Summary: Ideal candidate is someone with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, who can maintain flexibility and creativity in dealing with scheduling and mine planning; someone with strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills, who can prioritize competing demands in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Lastly, this role requires a self-directed individual with strong time-management skills, who can work collaboratively with others in a team setting.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Project evaluation, scoping and fatal flaw analysis, and due diligence studies.
- Review and provide feedback on current site practices
- Review mine planning systems, methods and software and recommend cost-effective improvements.
- Conduct reviews of the relevant technical and technology advances in the industry to ensure the competitiveness of the various methods employed.
- Ensure all technical work is in accordance with the Company’s safety, quality, environmental and financial management policies.
Skills & Abilities
- Experience in writing technical reports and conducting various levels of mine studies (scoping, pre-feasibility, feasibility).
- Demonstrated analytical and creative reporting abilities with advanced proficiencies in Microsoft Office products.
- Strong working knowledge of mine planning-related software packages, such as Surpac, Whittle, MineSched and Deswik. Leapfrog and Ventsim abilities are also very highly regarded.
- Comfortable to travel internationally and work with other cultures, open to travel on a flexible schedule;
- A strong commitment to safety principles and culture.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or French is beneficial.
- Sensitivity to and discretion in handling confidential information
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in mining engineering or other relevant technical discipline. Professional Engineer designation preferred.
- Ten to fifteen years of experience in strategic mine planning and design.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com