Senior Production GeologistApply
About the Position
The Senior Production Geologist visually inspects and collects both production and exploration samples, correlates data, evaluates assays and advises appropriate personnel responsible for production activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Production Stope Ore control, general tasks include;
- Performs grade control and exploration sampling, geologic mapping, core logging and provides geologic guidance in both production and exploration These areas include but are not limited to: stope production, ramp development, and initial vein development.
- Recognizes various ore and waste rock types, and be able to identify and map complex geologic structures, estimates ore grade and samples rock in active production stopes; evaluates assay data; and implements grade control practices applied to cutoff grade
- Monitors production and development headings for waste rock
- Prepares written and verbal professional reports communicating status of stoping and development areas to mine engineering, mine operations, and mill staff. Reviews and monitors stope and heading plans for possible unforeseen ground hazards and communicating findings to appropriate personnel.
- Field Mapping, general tasks include
- Produces comprehensive geologic maps of development and stoping areas; compiles, plots and maintains up-to-date cross-section and plan-section geologic data; produces and updates last lift, current lift and next lift ore interpretations and forecasts for tons and grade.
- Diamond Drilling support, general tasks include
- Assist with drilling activities including core handling, sample preparation, core photos, and sample logging.
- Bachelor’s degree in geology or geological engineering from an accredited four-year college or university. 5+ years of experience in exploration or mine production geology.
- Experience in narrow vein geology and deposits preferred. Underground experience required.
- Strong geologic mapping skills, sampling skills, volumetric estimation, and ability to visualize in three dimensions.
- Demonstrate sound judgment for making field determinations for mining guidance and ore grade control.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), basic skills in AutoCAD and experience in databases and 3D software preferred.
- Experience with mine production reconciliation to both concentrator performance and vein model extractions.
- Familiarity with ground support practices in underground mining in both production and development settings; Experience related to additional support requirements in unique geologic conditions is preferred.
Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) is the largest silver producer in the United States. In addition to operating mines in Alaska (Greens Creek), Idaho (Lucky Friday), and Quebec, Canada (Casa Berardi) the Company owns a number of exploration properties and pre-development projects in world-class silver and gold mining districts throughout North America. Established in 1891, Hecla is headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, and has a sister office in Vancouver, B.C. The Company’s common stock has been traded on the New York Stock Exchange for over 50 years. Lucky Friday is a deep underground silver, lead, and zinc mine located in the Coeur d’Alene Mining District in northern Idaho. The mine began operating in 1942 and celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2017. Thanks to the #4 Shaft project which is now complete and operational, the mine is expected to have another 20-30 years of mine life. Lucky Friday is located one mile east of Mullan, Idaho, and is adjacent to U.S. Interstate 90.
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is pleased to offer competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, and a comprehensive benefits program.
Interested candidates must possess or be able to obtain authorization to work in the United States. Applications and/or resumes may be sent via e-mail to email@example.com, faxed to 208.545.3327, or mailed to:
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine
P.O. Box 31
Mullan, ID 83846
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org