Shaft Repair CrewApply
Hecla Lucky Friday Mine is recruiting individuals who embrace advances in technology and who are looking for an opportunity to be part of a collaborative team as we look to the future and change the way we mine.
The Shaft Repair Crew is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the Lucky Friday mine shafts.
- Perform mining activities including operating jackleg, bolting, pounding nails into wood, and pounding wedges.
- Run shaft, including checking track limits, checking dogs for damage and clean if necessary, install and remove work bonnets, install and remove work decks, and inspect panel lacing, dividers, end plates, guides, station gates, and station timber.
- Inspect station timber, including inspecting crown sets and sill sets front and back, and inspecting station posts and tie rods supporting station post dividers.
- Perform visual daily conveyance inspection of cages and battleship.
- Inspect panel lacing, including relieving panels, replacing broken or rotten lacing, use of spaghetti, picture framing panels, and face lacing and CD’A lacing.
- Inspect dividers, including replacing center dividers, replacing pipe compartment dividers, and use of legs under dividers.
- Inspect end plates, including replacing south end plates and north end plates.
- Inspect wall plates, including replacing ½ wall plates front and back, replacing all posts for ½ wall plate, replacing all headings on ½ wall plate, and changing full wall plates front and back.
- Install jacket sets, including temporary blocking of wall plate during installation.
- Inspect heading, including installing typical heading, keyboarding horizontally, keyboarding vertically, utilizing keyboards to block to wall, and installing aprons at a minimum every three sets.
- Inspect shaft guides, including replacing shaft guides, installing guide joint brackets, where and how to use guide spacers, shims and tenant blocks, tightening lag and bracket bolts, measuring guide lengths, and framing shaft guides.
- Perform repair, including cleaning the skips, inspecting and replacing shaft gates, lubricating hinges, and inspecting and lubricating the swinging guides.
- Communicate using the squawker, station bells, work bells, pager phone, and leaky feeder radio.
- Inspect and change work bell cables. Hang up bells. Cross over bells.
- Material handling, including slinging long material, using work deck for long material, handling of material on work deck, and using south cage with door.
- Maintain services, including compressed air, water lines, and sprinkler lines.
- Participate in Risk Assessment activities as required.
- Participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Proven safe work record required.
- Willingness to work in team-based environment required.
ABOUT HECLA AND THE LUCKY FRIDAY MINE
The Lucky Friday Mine is a deep underground silver, lead, and zinc mine located one mile east of the town of Mullan in the Coeur d’Alene Mining District in northern Idaho. The Lucky Friday has been owned and operated by Hecla Mining Company, headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, since 1958. Established in 1891 in one of the world’s most prolific silver-producing districts, northern Idaho’s Silver Valley, Hecla Mining Company’s rich history of mining has distinguished it as a respected precious metals producer. Hecla is the oldest U.S.-based precious metals mining company in North America and the largest producer of silver in the U.S. Headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, with a sister office in Vancouver, B.C., our international, publicly traded company is over 130 years old.
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is pleased to offer competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, and a comprehensive benefits program.
Interested candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States. Applications and/or resumes may be sent via e-mail to email@example.com, faxed to 208.545.3327, or mailed to:
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine
P.O. Box 31
Mullan, ID 83846
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org