Hecla Keno Hill
Surface HDE MechanicApply
Hecla owns the majority of the historic high-grade Keno Hill Silver District located in Canada’s Yukon Territory. We’re developing two underground deposits, the Bermingham mine and the Flame & Moth mine. This is a great opportunity to be part of the team that is operating one of the highest-grade silver operations in the world.
We are looking for an individual to join our growing team. The Surface HDE Mechanic will report to the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor.
This is a 14 day on / 14 day off rotation at our Keno Hill Mine in Elsa, Yukon.
- Ability to safely maintain, troubleshoot and repair on and off road, heavy duty equipment including but not limited to, haul trucks, highway tractors, trailers, loaders, dozers, graders, tec
- Test repaired equipment and maintain proper performance
- Work with mobile planners to ensure work orders are completed with detail and found work can be planned and scheduled
- Ordering and maintaining inventory
- CVIP certificate required
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Red Seal Certification preferred
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in a remote camp environment
- Electrical, hydraulic, engine and power train proficiency
- Physically fit to perform the duties of the position
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Pre-employment testing
REWARDS & CULTURE
Hecla offers a competitive remuneration package. We provide a supportive culture that prides itself on teamwork, professionalism, and safety. Apply today.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume to YK-Resume@www.hecla.com. Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to YK-Resume@www.hecla.com