Underground Mine SurveyorApply
Hecla owns the majority of the historic high-grade Keno Hill Silver District located in Canada’s Yukon Territory. With underground development approaching ore zones at our two new deposits, a mill processing high grade ore from our historic Bellekeno mine, Hecla is advancing the district towards full production. This is a great opportunity to be part of the team that is operating one of the highest-grade silver operations in the world.
We are looking for an individual to join our growing team. The Underground Mine Surveyor will report to the Chief Mine Engineer. The candidate has broad responsibilities, problem solving skills, along with technical experience, maintaining safety protocols and implementing site procedures. Our ideal candidate is responsible, and team focused.
This is a 14 day on / 14 day off rotation at our Keno Hill Mine in Elsa, Yukon.
Update all digital drawing files upon completion of surveys
- Mark the location of new works and set up reference points as benchmarks
- Plot survey results, prepare detailed drawings, charts, plans, and write survey notes and reports
- Perform month end survey, including month end reports and prints
- Analyze and edit spatial data to verify the accuracy of data for quality assurance
- Inspect, adjust, test, and monitor the performance of survey equipment and other systems
- Works closely with Geologists and Mining Engineers to ensure that data is accurately collected and presented
- Plan and conduct field work to assist with company programs
- Compile data from various sources to generate maps
- Prepare topographic maps, aerial photo mosaics, and other land survey products
- Analyze and conduct quality assurance on surveys
- Perform weekly ventilation surveys and update the associated ventilation layouts
- Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Post-secondary diploma in geomatics or land survey technology or a combination of high school and experience as a member of survey party underground
- Minimum 5 years’ previous underground survey experience
- Proficiency with Deswik and other digital land survey, graphic workstations, plotters, and digitizers
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent proven team player approach to work
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
REWARDS & CULTURE
Hecla offers a competitive remuneration package. We provide a supportive culture that prides itself on teamwork, professionalism, and safety. Apply today.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, to email@example.com preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org