We are currently recruiting for Underground Mining
Job duties include:
Performing underground mining activities to extract silver, lead, and zinc in an underground hard rock mine.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Perform or assist with all phases of underground mining activities.
- Extract ore by drilling and blasting. Set up and operate drills and drilling machines to drill blasting holes. Load explosives, set fuses, and detonate explosives at established blasting times.
- Operate mining machinery, including slushers, jacklegs, and stopper drills, to shear ore from the working face.
- Perform or assist with development work, including opening up new shafts, drives, air vents, and raises.
- Perform duties required to ensure safety and to support the mining advance, including scaling loose rock from the walls and roof, drilling and installing rock bolts, extending and installing air and water pipes, ventilation, operating ore loading machinery, constructing timber supports and cribbing, and rehab of existing access.
- Safely operate equipment underground.
ABOUT HECLA MINING COMPANY AND THE LUCKY FRIDAY MINE
Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) is the largest silver producer in the United States. In addition to operating mines in Alaska (Greens Creek), Idaho (Lucky Friday), and Quebec, Canada (Casa Berardi) the Company owns a number of exploration properties and pre-development projects in world-class silver and gold mining districts throughout North America.
Established in 1891, Hecla is headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, and has a sister office in Vancouver, B.C. The Company’s common stock has been traded on the New York Stock Exchange for over 50 years.
The Lucky Friday is a deep underground silver, lead, and zinc mine located in the Coeur d’Alene Mining District in northern Idaho. The mine began operating in 1942 and celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2017. Thanks to the #4 Shaft project which is now complete and operational, the mine is expected to have another 20-30 years of mine life. Lucky Friday is located one mile east of Mullan, Idaho, and is adjacent to U.S. Interstate 90.
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is pleased to offer competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, and a comprehensive benefits program.
Interested candidates must possess or be able to obtain authorization to work in the United States. Applications and/or resumes may be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 208.545.3327.
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website at www.hecla.com for more information about Hecla and the Lucky Friday Mine.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com