About the Position
The Mine Electrician will perform electrical repairs, installations, inspections and preventive maintenance of electrical lines, machinery and equipment throughout the Lucky Friday, both on the surface and underground.
Here’s what you can expect in this role:
- Perform electrical repairs to provide continuous operation of machinery and equipment.
- Install and commission high voltage underground/surface transformers, splices, box’s, switches.
- Trouble shoot, diagnose problems, and repair instrument & electric equipment underground, in the Concentrator, and on the surface.
- Participates in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as required.
- Work with electrical schematics.
- Order materials
- Completes required maintenance reports and logs.
- Tests all equipment repairs as applicable.
- Must be able to access equipment information using electronic devices (i.e. laptop computer, tablet).
- Use of measuring equipment, including micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the workplace.
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations. Conducts activities and work in an environmentally responsible manner. Is aware of procedures to minimize impacts to the environment.
- Follows and understands MSHA rules and regulations, environmental rules and regulations, SOP and work area instructions, participates in safety and environmental activities. Leads by example by adhering to rules and regulations, and ensuring compliance to rules and regulations established by the Mine Operations department.
- Must be able to work and communicate with other members of the work team.
- Must be willing to comply with all company policies and procedures, especially with regard to Safety, Human Resources, and Environmental.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Licensed as Journeyman Electrician in Idaho or a reciprocal state, or the ability to pass the Journeyman Electrical Licensing test in Idaho.
- Previous experience in a mine setting preferred.
- Experience with high/med/low voltage power distribution systems preferred.
- Knowledge of power monitoring equipment and installations preferred.
- ATF possessors clearance required.
- Must complete MSHA 40-hour training or provide 5000-23 documentation of completed training.
- Must pass physical and drug screen, and essential functions capacity test.
The Lucky Friday Mine is a deep underground silver, lead, and zinc mine located one mile east of the town of Mullan in the Coeur d’Alene Mining District in northern Idaho. The Lucky Friday has been owned and operated by Hecla Mining Company, headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, since 1958. Established in 1891 in one of the world’s most prolific silver-producing districts, northern Idaho’s Silver Valley, Hecla Mining Company’s rich history of mining has distinguished it as a respected precious metals producer. Hecla is the oldest U.S.-based precious metals mining company in North America and the largest producer of silver in the U.S. Headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, with a sister office in Vancouv er, B.C., our international, publicly traded company is Hecla over 125 years old.
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is pleased to offer competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, and a comprehensive benefits program.
Interested candidates must possess or be able to obtain authorization to work in the United States. Applications and/or resumes may be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 208.545.3327, or mailed to:
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine
P.O. Box 31
Mullan, ID 83846
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com