Reports to: Corporate Chief Metallurgist
Responsible to provide technical assistance, support and troubleshooting expertise to Company’s mine sites – metallurgical operations.
Functions / Responsibilities
- Analyze production records from Company’s mine operations (Daily Met Balance, Month end Production – Metallurgical Reconciliation)
- Provide metallurgical expertise to Company’s operations to improve performance from a specific processing area that would impact overall metal recoveries.
- Works in conjunction with site technical and operational personnel to collect, monitor and report technical operational information for the corporation.
- Responsible for providing engineering function to the corporate group on the full spectrum of plant process facilities, including crushing, milling, various process methodologies, leaching, and refining.
- Propose and coordinate metallurgical test work programs to evaluate ore deposits as part of the development of the existing operations.
- Ore Processing Development (Flow sheet, Process Description, Mass – Water Balance, Equipment Sizing).
- Work with outside technical consultants and advisors.
- Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) development for specific metallurgical testing and for training purposes.
Experience and Training
- Seven to Ten years of solid, progressive metallurgical operating experience with variety of methodologies.
- Sound understanding of milling processes, equipment, operating costs, and productivity.
- Excellent computer skills on relevant software.
- Available for travel extensively, both domestic and international.
- Well organized with ability to work independently but still operating with a teamwork philosophy.
- Ability to follow complex written and oral instructions and to accept responsibility.
Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) is the largest primary silver producer in the United States. We have been in business for more than 130 years and are the oldest NYSE-listed precious metals mining company in North America. Established in 1891, Hecla is headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, and has a sister office in Vancouver, B.C. The Company’s common stock has been traded on the New York Stock Exchange for over 50 years and our philosophy is to operate mines safely by promoting a deeply rooted value-based culture, leveraging mining skills developed over the Company’s long history, and applying innovative new practices. Hecla’s responsibility is to the safety and health of our people, the communities we call home, and the environment we operate in.
We strive to provide a wholesome, supportive, fair, and respectful work environment. Hecla’s compensation and benefit plans are highly competitive, and our performance-based compensation programs recognize and reward employee contributions and excellence. Join more than 1,600 Hecla employees in pursuit of a rewarding career in some of North America’s most beautiful locations. Hecla’s compensation and benefit plans are highly competitive, and our performance-based compensation programs recognize and reward employee contributions and excellence.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com