Senior Mine EngineerApply
The Senior Mine Engineer performs short term mine production planning and scheduling, development and infrastructure design, mine ventilation design, ground control design, surveying, production quantity calculations and month end mine production reporting.
Job duties include:
- Performs short-range mine planning including development design; drift & fill and long-hole stope design; backfill design; scheduling development, production, and backfill; surveying; reconciliation of the schedule and plan with actual; and coordination with long-range mine planning, geology, survey, and mine operations.
- Oversees projects, assists in budget preparation and cost estimations, and tracks costs.
- Works with mine services including power, ventilation, compressed air, and water; assists with design and implementation of ground control and related ground support engineering including various rock bolting methods and shotcrete; optimizes techniques for explosives utilization and storage; ensures technical deliverables are provided to customers within time and quality expectations.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate surveys, tests, or investigations. Collect data points, interpret results, and prepare recommendations. Present executive summaries and cost estimates to senior staff.
- Apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria in making minor adaptations and modifications to established engineering plans or systems.
- Develop and maintain a detailed working knowledge of the mine’s operational issues and apply sound engineering practices to resolve them.
- Provide engineering support and guidance.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in mine engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
- 8 years’ experience in mining engineering.
- Prior experience in an underground, narrow vein hard rock mining environment preferred.
- Experience with mine planning software, including Deswik.
- Ventilation modeling software experience preferred.
ABOUT HECLA MINING COMPANY AND THE LUCKY FRIDAY MINE
Hecla Mining Company (NYSE:HL) is the largest silver producer in the United States. In addition to operating mines in Alaska (Greens Creek), Idaho (Lucky Friday), and Quebec, Canada (Casa Berardi) the Company owns a number of exploration properties and pre-development projects in world-class silver and gold mining districts throughout North America.
Established in 1891, Hecla is headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, and has a sister office in Vancouver, B.C. The Company’s common stock has been traded on the New York Stock Exchange for over 50 years.
The Lucky Friday is a deep underground silver, lead, and zinc mine located in the Coeur d’Alene Mining District in northern Idaho. The mine began operating in 1942 and celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2017. Thanks to the #4 Shaft project which is now complete and operational, the mine is expected to have another 20-30 years of mine life. Lucky Friday is located one mile east of Mullan, Idaho, and is adjacent to U.S. Interstate 90.
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is pleased to offer competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, and a comprehensive benefits program.
Interested candidates must possess or be able to obtain authorization to work in the United States. Applications and/or resumes may be sent via e-mail to email@example.com or faxed to 208.545.3327.
Hecla Limited, Lucky Friday Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit our website at www.hecla.com for more information about Hecla and the Lucky Friday Mine.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org