To develop a pipeline of talent, Hecla partners with local organizations on programs specifically geared toward training students for mining careers, including:
- Pathways to Mining Careers workforce development program, a partnership with the University of Alaska Southeast (UAS) Center for Mine Training
- UAS Environmental Science Program
- Mobile Mine Internship Program, Quebec
- Mobile Mine Mechanics Training Program, collaborations with the James Bay and Lac Abitibi professional training centers
- Hecla-Quebec Global Development Fund (UQAT Foundation), a partnership with the University of Quebec in Abitibi Témiscamingue
- Mineral Extraction Program, Quebec
Learn more and hear from a local school principal about how Hecla supports education.